I have a small ceramic production studio located outside of Plainwell, MI. Interns work 10 hours per week in my studio. Tasks include, but are not limited to: cleaning, glazing, preparing pots for shipment, loading/unloading kilns, sweeping, mopping, organizing, landscaping, helping in the showroom, yard work, etc. It is an unpaid internship. By completing 10 hours of work per week you will receive clay, glazes, firing privileges, and studio space.
Interns are responsible for finding their own lodging, food, and transportation. You must be prepared to work alone for some of your time here. While I work regularly in my studio, I also spend time away from the studio traveling, running errands, etc.
Are you my next intern?
- live in or near Plainwell, MI
- be on time
- be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs without whining
- be flexible
- love learning new things
- never say “That’s not my job!” because it actually is your job
- follow directions
- work through a to-do list without supervision (naturally after you’ve learned how to do all the tasks)
- not mind working with introverts (it’s really not personal)
- get dirty every day you work
- be ok having your hands in water
- work quickly but thoroughly with attention to detail
- have reliable transportation
- work well in a fast-paced environment
- manage multiple and changing responsibilities
- take direction well from team leaders
- independently motivated
- work well with your hands using fine motor skills
- show up to work completely sober (mostly-sober won’t cut it) every single time and not hung over
- accept responsibility for your own actions
Are you still thinking about becoming an intern for Bella Joy Pottery? Please fill out this form. We will be in touch shortly.