Summer is around the corner and I've rounded up a collection of five pottery studios to visit this summer if you are visiting Southwest Michigan.
1. First up is my studio, Bella Joy Pottery! Located outside of Plainwell, MI it is a beautiful drive out to this country studio. If you haven't made it out to the studio yet, this is the summer to do it. New this summer, the showroom will be open on Saturdays from 11-5 and Sunday 12-4, beginning May 27th.
Come out to see handmade stoneware pottery that is made in house right down to the clay and glaze.
They are two lines of pottery available at Bella Joy Pottery the Brighter Days Collection with simple form and bright modern colors and One of a Kind Work that also colorful with bold patterns. The studio address is 11933 Doster Rd., Plainwell, MI 49080.
2. If you made it out to Bella Joy Pottery you take the opportunity and contact Eric over at Eric Strader Pottery. Newly relocated from Goshen, IN Eric's pottery is well made and glazes with beautiful traditional pottery colors.
Eric's studio is open by appointed only. Call Eric at (269) 330-1274 to schedule an appointment, located at 649 Marsh Rd, Plainwell, MI 49080.
3. No trip to Plainwell is complete without a trip to Plainwell Ice Cream and of course Bridge Street Gallery. Run by potter, Cathy Green, Bridge Street Gallery sells artwork from local artists including pottery, jewelry, metalwork, etchings, calligraphy, and offers custom framing.
Located at 111 N Main St, Plainwell, MI 49080 the Bridge Street Gallery is open Tuesday-Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-2, phone calls can be directed to (269) 685-3161.
4. Next up is Alixandra Pottery, by Alix Cunningham located at 9175 M-43, Richland, MI. Alix creates stoneware pottery with a rustic modern flair.
Alix is also open by appointment only and can be reached at 269-270-7018 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Rounding up the list is Susan McHenry Ceramics located in the Oshtemo area of Kalamazoo, MI. Susan is an pottery, teacher, and writer and creates lovely handbuilt ceramic forms that are decorate with free flowing flora patterns.
To schedule an appointment to visit Susan's studio call 269-267-1072 or email her at email@example.com
Hope you enjoyed the round-up and I hope to see you are the showroom this summer!